Your products and their packaging have the potential to absorb moisture while being transported or stored, which can result in damage such as warping, mold or mildew growth, odors, crushed and collapsed packaging, and other issues. Your products must reach their final destination without suffering any loss or damage. Among the many different cargo protection products, desiccant would be an option that is both suitable and cost-effective.
The moisture requirements of different products during storage
- 55-60%: antiques, bills, fax paper
- 45-55%: cameras, lenses, filters, computer supplies, slides, videotapes, CD ROMs, PDAs, microphones
- Products and semi-finished products, such as semiconductor optoelectronic components and electronic parts, account for less than forty percent of the total.
- 40–50%: Products made of metal that have been precision-processed, such as cutlery, brass, model cars, knives, measuring tools, and instruments. Things that are made of metal and have surfaces that can rust.
Less than forty percent of the ingredients are food-based, including dry food, lumps, medicinal food, health food, Chinese medicinal materials, and Western medicinal materials.
Chemical raw materials, including pharmaceutical raw materials, seasonings, coatings, powders, and adhesives; 30% or less:
Moisture damage in different products
- Short circuit
- Get moldy, moldy
- Cause rust, delamination, discoloration, etc.
- Cause disease
As a result of the moisture above-level requirement and the potential risks associated with moisture damage, protective packaging company Britwrap offers an effective desiccant. Since 1998, we have been a supplier of desiccant, during which time we have been successful in working on some good moisture measurements, achieving good results, and receiving positive feedback. Several of the cases are detailed below.
Ready-made garment factories and buying houses in UK use desiccant bags ranging from 2 to 50 grams inside polythene bags or boxes that contain T-shirts, polo shirts, jackets, sweaters, and other articles of clothing. These items arrived on time and in satisfactory condition and were promptly distributed to all stores and shops.
- Companies that export leather shoes typically place an anti-mildew sticker or a 2g desiccant bag inside the boxes that contain leather shoes.
- The couch and the other pieces of furniture have implemented more stringent mold prevention measures. Desiccant bags are a part of the packaging and the shipping containers that contain the item.
- Appliances assigns its suppliers the responsibility of installing container desiccant and ensures that the standard operating procedure for loading and unloading containers is always adhered to.
- Agricultural cargo such as coffee beans, coconut beans, cashew nuts, and milk powder are susceptible to damage when exposed to moisture. Aside from the protection provided by Britwrap container desiccant dry bag protection, desiccants offer additional and incredible levels of protection.
Advantages of using a desiccant
- Absorption capacity of more than 300%
- Non-hazardous and free of leaks.
- Temperature range in which it can be used.
- Brand advantage: The Britwrap brand has been adopted by many Fortune 500 companies and enjoys a degree of notoriety worldwide.
- Benefits to the environment: it does not contain any dimethylformamide (DMF), complies with REACH, does not pollute the environment, and can be thrown away like regular garbage.